My special thanks to Headlong Running Betty for the Liebster Award Nomination. Please check out her blog at: http://headlongrunningbetty.wordpress.com/
She has an awesome sense of humor and a lot of good information for the runners out there.
I had never heard of a Liebster Award so I had to research (aka Google) what it was. In a nutshell it is a way to share my blog and share the blogs of some other interesting writers I have found. Admittedly there was no vote by the Liebster Award counsel nor was there an award presentation by Mrs Liebster. That being said, it is still an award and I accept.
No award is complete without a speech: I would like to thank my highschool english teacher, Mr Peneno who said I had no idea when to use punctuation marks? I would also like to thank my 8th grade English teacher Mrs Locicero who said I needed to prrofread my work. You were both right, but I am blogging anyway. Of course thanks to: http://headlongrunningbetty.wordpress.com/ (another shameless plug)
One of the rules of the Liebster is share 11 things about myself. Eleven was chosen because Mrs Liebster actually had 11 fingers which enabled her to blog more efficiently.
Questions supplied by HeadlongRunningBetty
1. What inspired you to start blogging (Had to start with the obvious one)? Before I sign-up for a race, I always scour the internet for information about the race. Some have a ton of information and some have little or none. Assuming there are other information whores out there I figured I could share my experience with them, as well as share my thoughts about a race with the people who put it on. And world peace.
2. Which of Snow White’s dwarfs describes you best, and why? (Doc, Happy, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey) Opinions vary. My family voted for Dopey, my daughter voted for Grumpy. I would probably say bashful. I prefer not to draw attention to myself. I would say I am pretty withdrawn until I get to know someone. Once I know you though I would be the 8th dwarf, Obnoxious. He isn’t in the movie, but he is in the book.
3. If you could eat only one food, 3 meals a day for one straight year (With no affect on health), what would it be? Gianni’s Pizza in Severn, MD. My favorite pizza.
4. What were your best/worst subjects in school and what would you like to learn now? Best subject was Nintendo Tecmo Bowl. Worst was attending classes before 11am. If I liked a class, I would study and work hard and get an A. When I didn’t like a class I wouldn’t go (they don’t give good grades when you don’t attend class). I do feel I should have a degree in doctor (I really rock with WebMD and diagnose myself correctly 75% of the time – I whiffed on my Ebola diagnosis). I would love to learn a language. Either Spanish or Sign Language.
5. If you ran away to join the circus, what act would you want to perform? Lion Tamer. I am good with cats and they get all of the ladies.
6. Would you rather wrestle a lion or fight a shark? This is an easy one. I would wrestle the shark. On land.
7. If someone had a booger hanging out of their nose, would you tell them? Depends on the person. If I like you then I would make the appropriate “you have a bat in bat cave” hand motion. Otherwise, ha ha you have a booger hanging out of your nose.
8. If you could speak any foreign language (that you don’t already know), what would it be? Spanish would be useful.
9. If you had to pick a theme song for your life (and it would play in the background everywhere you went), what would it be? I should pick either a Rock anthem or something from a Rocky soundtrack, I would want to be original and pick Hall and Oates “You Make My Dreams”. My second choice would be “What Does the Fox Say?” so I could be the most hated person in America.
10. What famous person do other people say you most resemble? Nobody. The only comparison I ever got was Paul Rudd. I don’t think it was based on looks, but personality. Tom Tucker from Family Guy during our mustache competition at work.
11. What is the one thing in life you are the most passionate about? Raising my daughter and being with my family. That and giant origami chickens. And world peace.